Friday, January 29, 2010

First FAL Complete

This past Tuesday, my DSIL and I decided to do a FAL (finish along) for the SAL we recently completed. We finished these as flat folds. They turned out real cute. Sue found the best fabric in her stash for her backing. I forgot to photograph my backing, but it is a simple orange fabric with dark purplish/blackish swirly things that kinda look like dragon flies. We had a great time and I think we need to do finishing days a lot more often. Our next SAL will be Lizzie Kate pieces. I'm going to do Wanted - Jolly Old Man and Sue is doing Up on the Woof tops. These pieces should be fun and go rather quickly.




We've decided that our vacation this year will be to Yosemite National park. We are going to be pulling the camper and camping our way over there. There are a few things that I've decided that I really, really need to do before this vacation. The first is to get in better shape. (dropping a few pounds would be welcome as well 8) ) The areas where we will be are over 5000 ft. and a body will tire out more quickly. The second is to learn how to use the manual aspects to my camera so that I can get some great pictures. I really like my animal pictures to be up close, however, I think I will have a problem getting up that close to a Grizzly! So, if anybody has any suggestions on a good photography course, let me know. We've signed up for a few "adventures" while we will be there - a horseback ride and a white water rafting trip down the Yellowstone River. These aren't in the park, but are in beautiful areas quite close. This will be the first time I've taken the boys white water rafting. They should enjoy it. The horses are for me. I love to ride and don't get to that often since I no longer have horses.

Well, time to get on with my chores so I can make some stitching time.

Cheers,

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow your finishing is fantastic! How much fun that piece must of been! Your annual vacation sounds like a great adventure. I'd say check your local community college for an introduction to digital photography or somethign like that. I took my course at my local college it was 6 hrs a week over two months. I completely learnt how to use the manual settings on my DSLR

stitcherw said...

It looks great. I had so much fun, we do need to get together to do some more finishing. Your upcoming vacation sounds wonderful, the boys will love it.
Sue

Kathy said...

Love your flat fold. It look super. And the design is fabulous too.

Your planned vacation sounds fabulous.

Pumpkin said...

I saw your DSIL finish and yours is just as adorable :o) It must be fun to do these things together. I can't wait to see the LK ones.

What a trip that will be! I'm jealous but I hope you have fun :o)