Sunday, February 14, 2010

Greetings from Chaos

Life has been a flurry of activity in my household over the last 2 weeks. Josh's asthma has shown back up after a hiatus of 7 years. I was really hoping that after getting out of Atlanta that it would be gone for good, however, that was not to be. We found out that he's allergic to dust and cats and a plethora of grasses. We have 3 cats and dust is a common household guest here. Our cats really don't seem to bother him, so I'm not facing the problem of getting rid of any family members. I'd love to get rid of the dust except everytime I seem to get rid of it, it comes back again, LOL. Not my most favorite of chores!

I didn't get the admin job that I'd interviewed for. I really had my doubts when most of the interview was spent with them telling me how bored I'd be rather than discussing the particulars of the job. Oh well, a note from a head hunter just came through looking for a QA analyst. This is really more along the lines of work that I'm used to doing, so I'll go for that. I just really don't want to go back to being a DBA with all of the on call work. I figure when a door shuts there is probably a good reason.

I finally took my new owners class for the sewing maching that I got for Christmas. Boy, did it get me inspired. I went ahead and bought a pattern for a purse that I thought was real cute and sewed it up this week. Here are side, inside, and frontal views. I'm almost beginning to feel like I can actually sew! I promised my husband that I would machine embroider the church logo on a polo for him for Valentine's day(he's a pastor). I think I have the design complete on the software side of things, however, I still need to test it to make sure it is exactly the size I want etc. I'll put up pics once that is complete.




I have 2 friends who are having babies soon. I ended up making this little picture frame for one of the gals. This is her first so she needs everything. I got a practical gift for the shower, but I just had to do something crafty as well. I know, I should xstitch a birth announcement. The problem there is that I stitch slowly and she and her husband are still negotiating on the name.


Sue and I started on our next SAL. We decided to do something from Lizzie Kate. I chose Wanted! I'm finding that I really want to pick this up rather than Palms. I'm forcing myself to work on Palms at least one night a week, since it is so so close to being complete. I probably won't post a picture until it is.


I guess it would be prudent of me to start thinking about what to cook for dinner, since I will have a few hungry folks starting to ask about it soon.

Cheers,

6 comments:

Jules said...

Your bag is very cute! Congrats on taking the sewing machine class.

Pumpkin said...

Look at you go! How many classes did you take???? Your bag is beautiful :o) Maybe you can come over and fix my sewing machine since it's giving me fits >:o(

Very cute frame!

Yes, I see that you and Sue are doing another SAL together. What fun!

Lucy said...

Love the purse!!!!

stitcherw said...

Your bag looks great, very cute, as does the frame you did. Looks like you're learning all kinds of fun ways to use your machine. Looking forward to seeing how the shirt for Scott turned out with the logo. You got lots done on our SAL too, I need to pick up my speed or you'll beat me done by a lot.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What an adorable purse!!!