Thursday, December 31, 2009

SAL Complete

It has been a great Christmas. For some reason it is always a bit of a let down when it's over. I generally leave everything up until after January 1st. I figure that will help to mitigate the feelings of it only being one day. Of course, there is the fact that it will take me a while to get everything boxed up and packed away.
Santa got me a new sewing machine with an embroidery unit this year. I made a few reversible bags for me and my DSIL to keep our Q Snaps in. I wanted to do a nice embroidery with our name on them, however, the software for my machine has been backordered and I'm still waiting on it.

I also finished up the SAL that me and my DSIL were working on. The pattern is Be Scary by Just Nan. I've always loved this piece and I did it a few years ago for my mom, who is a Halloween nut. Once the boys go back to school, Sue and I will get together for a finishing day and make flatfolds out of the pieces. I just need to figure out what to do next. Hmm, it seems that every time I go stash diving I find a few "must do now" type projects. I really need to get the ancient Butterfly Garden out of my 8 inch Q's so I can have them for some new projects. I'm picking away at the Palms and should have that finished soon. Unfortunately, not before the end of the year, but soon.



Well, I cannot ramble on for too long today as I'm having a house full of company tonight and I need to pick up, dust, and attend to all the other domestic drudgery.
I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.

Cheers,

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Happy New Year!

stitcherw said...

It looks great, I'm looking forward to doing the finishing. Like you I'll be working on some WIP's for a bit to try and finish up a bit more before starting something new. Or at least that's the plan now, we'll see how long the no new starts attitude lasts, LOL. Hope you had fun New Years Eve, sounds like you had a full house.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome! Santa was very good to you ;o)

Great finish Kim! It must be fun to be able to stitch a project with someone else. You two did a fantastic job. Do you have another SAL that you want to do next?

Happy New Year!

Sonda said...

That's a lovely finish! I'm working on WIPs, too, trying to clear off some q-snaps! Happy New Year!