Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Be Scary SAL

Well, Ole Man Winter held off for quite a while, but when he came he really left a dumper. It's pretty though and I really do like a white Christmas. I'd much rather have it be cold and get real snow that the wintry mix that comes with warmer temps.
Of course, the shoveling does get old . . .


This past Thanksgiving, my DSIL and I started our Be Scary SAL. We both made great progress in that short time we had. I failed to post right away so here's what I have now after a few more weeks of working on it. I really enjoy this pattern and plan on making it into a flat fold. It seems to be going fast, which is good because I'm really not feeling into Halloween at the moment.


In between shopping, playing referee, and just keeping up with normal life, I've gotten a few stitches into the Palms. I really need to concentrate on this and finish it off. Sorry if this post seems disjointed, but I've got two hooligans breathing down my neck - literally! It seems they just do NOT know how to entertain themselves if they've been restricted from electronics. Getting up every other sentence to yell, doesn't allow for much cohesive thought. Sorry for the vent.


I hope you all enjoy your holidays with friends and family. Hopefully, I should post again before Christmas, but you never can tell.

Cheers,

4 comments:

Jules said...

It's always good to have a place to vent! Isn't that part of the reasoning behind a blog? LOL

Anyway, I love the topiary design you posted a pic of! Where did you find it??

Julie

Pumpkin said...

Good to see you post again Kim!

Your house is gorgeous! Thankfully we don't have THAT much snow ;o)

You've got some really nice WIPs there. Hope you can post again soon.

Merry Christmas!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kim, your house looks so pretty covered in snow. But you're right it does get old pretty quickly.

Be scary is looking great... but the Palms looks fantastic. Can't wait for you to finish that one!

CritterLady62 said...

Julie - the pattern was called Palm. It was a Dimensions kit from 2005.