Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloweenie!

Mr. Dracula presents my latest finish - I turned the Halloween freebie by San Man into a pillow. I'm not totally thrilled with how it turned out, but I have to realize that I am finishing challenged and it will take lots of practice to get better. If I had it to do over again, I'd make the purple strips a bit wider and leave a bit less of the green showing. I might even add in a third type of fabbie. Oh well, I had to pull this one out so many times the fabric was starting to fray badly so I just left it. I even got it done in time for Halloween - not by much, but hey it's done before the first Trick or Treater came to the door!




I imagine trying to stitch this evening is going to be less than relaxing with having to get up and open the door constantly. Hmm, maybe I can find a good scary movie. Happy Halloween!

Cheers,

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Kim, I think your pillow looks great!

stitcherw said...

Very cute finish, it looks great. Congrats on getting it done in time to put out for Halloween.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I'm glad you went with the purple! I think you did an awesome job :o) I can sew but I doubt I could ever attempt a ruffle.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a great job, I won't even dare try a ruffle!