Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Halloween finish!

I finished this little freebie from San Man Designs this week. I just love the monster green linen that it is on! I ended up starting it and then deciding that I liked the look of the "wrong" side of the linen better. Knowing that it would bother me forever, I went ahead and frogged and turned the linen over. For as simple a piece as this is, I ended up doing a bit more frogging because I forgot one of the border pieces. Since I count how many spaces off the border, the bat is in
the wrong place. I wasn't going to frog him so if some of the stars look a bit crowded on that end you know why.


I'm planning on finishing this little piece into a pillow. I'm a bit unsure as to which fabrics to use, which is why you see fabbie pieces all around it in the picture. I definitely want the orange with the purple confetti for a ruffle which will go around it. I was thinking of using the purple with black lines for the back.
I usually like to frame a stitched piece with fabric on the front for a bit more stabilization, however, I'm not real sure what fabric I should use. I really love the orange with confetti for the ruffle because it helps the orange to just pop. I don't think I like the purple for the front because the wavy lines will drive me nuts thinking things aren't straight. I've looked for some Halloween fabbies but they seem too busy. I really don't want to compete with the stitched design. I want
to really notice the green because it is such a fun color. I've thrown some of the fabbies that I'm considering around the piece. Please weigh in with your opinions.

Cheers,

2 comments:

stitcherw said...

Very cute finish, love it. For fabric, I think I'd go with using the dark motled navy to edge the front before starting the ruffle in the orange dotted fabric you chose. The other colors either don't seem to work for me, or they draw my eye to them to much somehow. However, the dark navy seems to reflect back the bat and a portion of the border and seems to go well with the dots on the orange. Looking forward to seeing it all finsihed.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Cute! I really like both fabrics you picked out but like you said, the lines might be a bit tricky. It might be worth it though :o)