Thursday, October 15, 2009

A bit of Halloween and a bit o winter

Scary as it seems they are talking about the S word tonight. I am certainly not ready for it and feel like I've been deprived of a Fall. Of course, complaints don't get me anywhere ;) It's been a while since I posted, but I've been keeping my needles busy between soccer games and practices. My first finish is the Salem Witch from Primitive Needle. It is over one on 32 ct mocha linen that I had left over from the Red Thread project. It was so nice to get a project started and completed so quickly. I finished her off in the tin neclace holder. Rather than where her around I just set it in a little tin easel. What I have isn't great though as the trough of the easel covers her feet. I had to stuff a bit of fabbie down in the trough to have her sit up higher. I'll have to figure out something better for future display purposes. This was a quick, fun stitch even for an over one.


My next finish is the Winter 9 patch that I kept in the car and worked on when I was waiting for appointments, practices etc. It didn't get a lot of attention when the weather was good because I often spent the time chatting with others that were waiting. Now that we seem to have a bit of nip in the air, I finished it off. It was a Pine Mountain kit so finishing was a breeze.


I will be starting a SAL with my DSIL in November. I think we are going to do either a Shepherds Bush piece or Be Scary by Just Nan. I cannot wait to start. Since I've got such a bug to start something Halloweenish, I pulled out Halloween freebie pattern from San Man Originals. I will end up changing colors/flosses on this and I'm still deciding on what I want. I am doing it on a lovely lime green piece of fabric - just perfect for Halloween.

The freshman boys soccer team finished there season last night. They did very well. I certainly enjoyed the season, but I'm kinda glad its over with too. I'm sure you all know the feeling, LOL!

Cheers,

2 comments:

stitcherw said...

Your little witch turned out so cute, and I love the Winter pillow too. Looking forward to starting our SAL here in few weeks, I can't believe that Thanksgiving is so close. Guess I'd better get busy and get mine kitted up.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

What lovelies you have there! Couldn't you just convert your witch into a hanging ornament by adding a cord?