Saturday, April 11, 2009

Where did time go?

Since I was lazy and didn't take a picture from my stashing run after camp, I went ahead and took one this week. The positive note to waiting on the picture is that some of the things that I'd ordered but weren't in my hot little hand are now here and able to be included in the picture. It seems like I've been overrun by Shepherd's Bush! I had been collecting their monthly series (from back in 2003, I think) at Rocking Horse because they had these nice little hand painted frames to go with them. After my last stashing run, I found a shop online that was going out of business and had the charts and buttons for sale at a price less than what the chart would cost - so I picked up March, April, August, September, and December. I won't have a hand painted frame, but since the frames are so simple I can pick one up rather cheaply at Framing For Yourself and hand paint it myself. Now, I only need the months of January, October, and November. My Wandering Shepherd kit that I'd ordered while at camp arrived. I think that is what I will be doing as my next SAL. I also picked up Quietness and Confidence along with the silks to do it. The silks are so much more vibrant than they show in the picture. Of course, it always seems like I wait until the sun is going down to try to get a picture of anything. The stash is laid out on the quilt that I did in my quilt class that finished up right before camp. Missing from the picture is the Lizzie Kate Wanted Jolly Old Man bearing gifts.

Have you ever asked yourself where the day went? I seem to be doing that a lot lately. I cannot say that I haven't been getting anything done, but I sure haven't been getting much done in the cross stitch realm. I've gotten sucked into a few different kind of projects lately. I went ahead and quilted the 911 quilt top that I finished last year. Boy, what a difference a walking foot makes! I guess it pays to have the right tools for the job. I also got enamoured with fabric bowls. I put a hold on the book which tells how to make them at the library. Of course, it came in so I just had to make one of those before the book is due. Somehow, I lost my picture of it, so I'll have to post a pic next time. They really are kind of neat and super easy to do! Ever since we moved into this house, the sewing/craft room is a dark navy blue. I wanted to paint the room yellow and get some baby blue/yellow curtains for the room. This was supposed to be my winter project. I'm not a shopaholic, but I did look for these blue/yellow curtains and have been unable to find them. Finally, Friday I went on the hunt again figuring that I could at least get some fabric and make some if I cannot find exactly what I want. I hesitated at this because I'm not a domestic goddess and sewing doesn't seem to like me, however, when I found the bolts of yellow and blue fabric at less than 50% of what they normally are, I figured it was a sign. Since I had the fabbie in hand, I also stopped at the paint store to find that perfect yellow to go with them. So, for the better part of today, I've been making a curtain (just a valance). I'm not really using a pattern so I kind of drew out what I wanted it to look like. It's super easy so I shouldn't have issues, right? Well, my first problem was that my yellow wasn't cut wide enough. Oh well, I figure that I can just use some of the blue on the sides and not have the yellow go all of the way to the edges. I've place this silly thing on top of the blue and placed my cording. Everyhing looks fantastic. I go and sew on the cording and then place the yellow piece back on top of the blue only to find out that one side (it comes down to a V in the middle) is a bit longer than the other. So, I will need to rip out the cording. . . ugh! It is going away for the night!! Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can finish it off. I'll definitely get a picture once I get it done.

I have done a bit on my SAL piece, so without further ado here it is.


Have a Happy Easter,

5 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Firstly Happy Easter to you too.

Lots of interesting looking stash there i will look forward to seeing it all come to life.

I know just what you mean about sewing machines - lol they are worse than computers for having minds of their own, or at least mine is.

Sonda said...

Nice bit of stash there! Your SAL piece is looking great!

Pumpkin said...

Drooling on my keyboard here.... You should have put up a warning sign Kim ;o) Btw, I hate to ask, but what online shop is closing out?

You're almost done!!!!

There are just some days when you have to put what you're working on aside and deal with it another day. Good luck. I know it will eventually work out for you :o)

stitcherw said...

Your stash looks very impressive, and yup lots of Shepherd's Bush. Their designs are lovely, such beautiful coloring, I think they'll be a fun SAL for our next one. Now I just need to figure out where I hid Goblins away at. Luck is looking great. You're still ahead of me, but I got a bit caught up this past week.
Sue

Myrna said...

Your SAL piece is looking great! I remember glancing at you working on it at camp and thinking it was lovely. If I didn't happen to mention it, it is!!

Have a great week...