Monday, April 20, 2009

Keeping busy

I've been keeping busy lately, although not a lot of stitching has been going on. I finally finished the curtains that I was making for my sewing room. I also finished the painting of the room. I was taking the room from a navy blue to a sunny yellow. So I had to first prime the room and then paint it my desired color. I sure do hate it when I'm doing something that doesn't give me instant gratification. Fortunately, my DH helped edge as that is a chore that I hate and am extremely slow at.

Here's a before picture of the old color. I forgot to get a picture of the room before we started on the makeover.


Here's the picture of it afterward. I've done some rearranging of the room and gotten most of my stuff organized, but I haven't yet started putting my pieces back on the wall. I sure hope they look good against the yellow. The navy was a rather easy backdrop for most anything that I wanted to hang. It did turn out a bit brighter than I was really thinking, but I'm not up to redoing the room again so I'll live with it. It is much lighter in there on gray rainy days like today. I may actually be able to sew in there now after dark.



Enjoy your evening. I'm so far behind on everything it isn't funny. When I start painting or some project like that that has everything torn up, I'm kinda rabid to get it done, so everything else just sits. So, I now need to tend to the laundry and some housework.

Cheers,

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Love the color combos!!!