Saturday, September 12, 2009

A very big happy dance

I've been doing quite a happy dance this week. Not only have I finished the Red Thread piece I've been working on, but I got an email from Michael's that they were having a 60% off custome framing sale. I did manage to take a few snaps of the piece before I ran up to the store. They didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped but I didn't want to view them on the computer before running up to the store. I'll get another one when I get it back from the framer. I ended up just getting a frame rather than the mat. I found the person at the framing desk to be a little less than helpful. She seems to know what she's doing with framing, but it is like pulling teeth to get her to suggest anything. I wish I knew a framer with an artist's eye that wasn't half way across the state. It would be nice to find one that was cheap too, but most of the time you get what you pay for ;)




Since I only posted a few of the pictures from Ireland, I figured that I need to put up a few from England. I also really need to get about putting them in the photo album as well. Here are the houses of Parliament with the photo being taken from the London Eye.

Here's Stonehenge. As you can see, it was a rainy rather darkly overcast day. I guess that is the only reason that I was able to get a picture of it without people. (ignore that elbow on the left)
Stitching is going rather slow at the moment. Not only has school started, but soccer as well. The freshman have quite a schedule, so I've been an active parent travelling to games these past few evenings. I'm working on a rather small LK at the moment - Hugs & Kisses. I'll put up a picture next post.

Cheers,

6 comments:

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on finishing up Red Thread, it looks great. Can't wait to see how it looks all framed up.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your finish, its fantastic!

You know what, I tend to find rainy/cloudly days make for a more colourful and dramatic picture. I think your pic. of stonehenge is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Red Thread is ADORABLE!!!! You did a great job on the stitching.

I love the photo of the Parliment. Can you imagine the work that it took to build it????? WOW!

wot said...

Your stitching is marvellous, and I envy you so much for seeing all those wonderful buildings (if you can call Stonehenge that).

Sharon said...

Awesome finish! Congratulatons!

Pumpkin said...

WOOHOO!!!! That's awesome Kim :o) I can't wait to see it framed. It's absolutely beautiful.

Great pictures.