Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Finally, an update

I finally have an update. It seems like I lost my stitching mojo for a while. Summer is here, but it isn't like I've really been doing anything fun like lounging by a pool. At any rate, my DSIL came over and we had a sit n stitch. She made good headway on her Six Bats and I on my Red Thread piece. I think we both got the stitching bug back again, so hopefully there will be more frequent updates. We also made a quick run to Stitching Bits & Bobs. This shop is only about an hour from the house, but I'd never made it over there. It didn't take much to entice Sue to go with me. Of course, shopping with a fellow stitcher is quite enabling. I ended up picking up the Lizzie Kate Hugs & Kisses boxer kit, the flosses to go with it, and the Lizzie Kate Tiny Tidings X with the embellishment pack. Now I cannot wait to start Hugs & Kisses, but I told myself that I really need to finish off Red Thread.



On the summer vacation front, I'm getting ready to go to Ireland and the UK. I'm doing Ireland with a tour group and then taking the ferry over to England. We intend to rent a car in England and wander as we wish. This way we can get off the beaten path if we want to. I'm sure the time will fly. I should have some great pictures to post once we're back.

Cheers,

5 comments:

stitcherw said...

I had a great time on my visit, hopefully it won't be so long till our next one. Red thread is looking great. Contrats on getting the one square finished up, you're really getting close. Have fun on your trip.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Oh, lucky you! You've been an hour away from SBB and you've never been there???? Talk about self control. LOL!

Your Red Thread is looking lovely.

Have fun on your trip to Ireland and the UK :o)

Dawn B. said...

I love the finish..congrats & it sounds like you had a great time. The trip sounds devine..Have a good time.

stitcherw said...

So when I we going to be treated to a red thread update and hear about your lovely trip?
Sue

stitcherw said...

So, when do we get to see an update? Working on December's square yet?
Sue