Sunday, March 01, 2009

On a finishing roll

The other day I was looking at my pile of finished projects that only need finishing and decided that I needed to make a dent there. So, I took my Wee Three Birdhouses piece and decided to make a bell pull from it. It has lain in the pile for a while because I was looking for that special bellpull hardware. I finally picked up a piece I liked sometime last year. Ditto with the fabric for the back. The piece finished up quickly and easily. I'm thrilled with everything but the cording that is holding it up. I had some of this cording left over from something else I had finished some time ago. I'll let it sit for a while and if I still don't like it I can always change out the cording. Now, I just need to find a place for it to hang. My laundry room has a bird border going around the top, so I was thinking of making it's home there. Next on my finishing pile is a to make a little tuck pillow to put a preface piece that I created from a Betsy Stinner class ages ago. I do have the fabric, so no excuses. I'm going to probably change how I do the corners so the fabric cannot slide open larger on sides if the pillow is filled quite full. We'll see how it goes.


My BRD piece is really moving along. I'm a bit over half way at this point. I don't think it will make it in time for St. Patty's day, but it won't be too far behind. Even though we aren't physically sewing together, my DSIL and I have been keeping pretty close. it will be fun to see each other's pieces live when we get together for Camp Stitchalot later this month. As you can see Gabby cannot imagine a camera present without trying to get a picture of her beautiful face. I guess I'm lucky she didn't come sit down in front of the piece, LOL!

Cheers,

4 comments:

stitcherw said...

Your bellpull looks great, I love LB designs and coloring. Luck is looking wonderful as well, I can't believe how quickly we are progressing on these.
Sue

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How very pretty! :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful bellpull! You are making fabulous progress on Luck!

Pumpkin said...

Your bellpull is amazing Kim! You do lovely finishing work :o)

If you're not done by March 17, you should be fairly close. I'm SO jealous you and Sue get to go to Camp Stitchalot :o)